Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Skiing Again

New Year's Eve was pretty subdued for us this year. We had a nice dinner, a little wine, watched the Avs game, and went to bed right after midnight. I'd feel pretty lame, but we had a good reason to take it easy. To start 2010, we were up bright and early on New Year's Day to head up to Loveland for more skiing.

This ski trip was pretty uneventful. In fact, there's not much to report, except that I'm awesome!

Seriously, I was so good this time. Maybe not "awesome," but I was way better than I have been. The last few times I went down the run I didn't fall at all and I was even able to turn. I made sure to take my time, and not let anyone pressure me. I know I may not be learning as fast as some people would be, but I'm just glad I'm improving!

Other than that, it was just a fun, relaxing day. And a great start to the new year.

Loveland. Starting to get busy.

Me. Awesome.

Me again. Yay.

Matt went off on his own to do some fun and harder runs. This is on the top of the mountain.

Beautiful day. Lots of skiers.

Yay.

I have a feeling we're gonna be spending a lot of our winter weekends in the mountains from now on.

No comments: