Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowshoeing and Making Beer

This weekend we finally got up to the mountains again, this time to do some snowshoeing. I was very excited, as I've been wanting to do this for a while now. We hit up our friend, Dave, who's pretty much a Colorado outdoors expert (at least compared to us), to show us how this snowshoeing thing is done. He took us up a short trail to Zimmerman Lake.

Excited and ready to go.

Along the trail.

Dave's also really into photography, so he was taking pictures along the way.

Matt.

Chatting.

The following photos are much better than the previous pictures, which should tell you that they were not taken by me. These were stolen from Dave, and they're his handiwork.







Pretty, yes?

Though I really dislike the cold (really), I had a lot of fun snowshoeing. It's just like hiking in the summer, except everything is covered in snow and completely beautiful (and you have giant shoes strapped to your feet). I can't wait to go again.

After the hike, the boys had a date to brew some beer. Unfortunately, I had already taken too much time away from my homework, so I hid in the other room and got some work done. Based on the pictures Matt took, it looks like they did a little work and a lot of standing around. But hey, in a few weeks we'll have beer. So that's cool.

Ingredients.

Working hard.

Adding the malt.

GIANT bowl of sugar.

Boiling wort.

Yum. Makes you thirsty, huh?

I'm looking forward to trying the beer in a few weeks. And to more snowshoeing, too.

No comments: