Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lots of Love

If you've been reading my blog at all this summer, the following statement will be of no surprise to you:

I've been really busy, and I'm behind on posting blogs. Ugh...

A couple of weekends ago we made our way back out to Kansas for a celebration of love. Aww... My grandparents have been married for an amazing 60 years, so a party was certainly in order. In honor of the momentous occasion, the couple's children and children-in-law (my parents and aunts and uncles) planned a vow renewal in the same location where Grandma and Grandpa were married 60 years ago. A lot of our family came out, and it was great to hear all of the stories from their life together. What an amazing life it has been!

Me and the beautiful bride, my Grandma.


Grandma and Grandpa 60 years ago. This was the start of the video my uncle made. It told the story of their courtship.


Salem singing during the small ceremony.


Sleepy baby.


The whole family (or at least the family that was there).


The original family.

After the ceremony, we had a nice reception to celebrate and eat some yummy food.

Cutting the cake.


Ellen with the cats. There were tons of cats out in the middle of Kansas country.


Grandpa reading the story written by my mom. We matted it and let everyone sign the mat in lieu of a guestbook.


Me and a baby, playing and having fun.


Mom and Dad had to think long and hard about what to write on the "guestbook." At least they remembered to sign it. Neither of them signed my or Jess's guestbooks from our weddings.


Matt and I with some fantastic inspiration standing beside us!

Matt and I have been extremely fortunate to have such amazing examples of long-lasting love surrounding us in our parents and grandparents. It's it so unbelievable that our three sets of grandparents have all been married for over 60 years! We can only hope that we'll reach that milestone someday.

Beautiful Kansas.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

You are so cute! I can't believe your parents didn't sign ya'll's guest book! At least they are in the pics so there is proof they were there! haha

Bethany said...

You are so cute! I can't believe your parents didn't sign ya'll's guest books! At least you have proof in pictures they were there! :0)