Thursday, February 24, 2011

Super Bowl and Hockey Fun

Though I will acknowledge that I am not an athletic person, I have always been a pretty good sport spectator. I can drink beer, eat hot dogs, and cheer for my team with the best of them. This past month I exercised my awesome abilities a couple of times, first at a college hockey game with a friend, and then at the SUPER BOWL!

Well, not AT the Super Bowl, obviously. In my living room, watching the Super Bowl on TV. But there was still beer and cheering... but no hot dogs. Sadness.

Anyway, I was introduced to the University of North Dakota hockey team (not literally) when I went with a friend to her UND alumni association hockey watch party. Well, the Fighting Sioux were coming to Colorado Springs, so I tagged along with Rachel to watch the game.

Hockey! I love hockey. Crowd members brought along green food coloring to make their drinks more... green. It must have worked its magic, because the Sioux won!

Yay!

But the big game of the month was the Super Bowl. We had a little gathering at our house to watch. There were a lot of family members, and I didn't really care much about the outcome of the game, so I spent a lot more time talking and eating than I did watching. I guess I wasn't utilizing my awesome cheering skills much, after all. But it was still a good time!

Getting the kid ready to go out and play in the snow (she didn't care much about the game). Apparently, the gloves were confusing.

Even though I was paying very little attention, I somehow managed to watch the entire halftime show. Of course, the cute child dancing in front of the TV helped draw my attention.

She liked the Black Eyed Peas.

Watching Football.

Kids playing. They cared about the game about as much as I did.

With a crowd of people with hungry bellies coming over, I took the opportunity to practice my treats for Salem's wedding one last time. Here's a shot of the Super Bowl dessert spread. It'll give you a little sneak peak of some of the deliciousness of the wedding:

Yum.

The sporting events were definitely a good time. Watching sports is a pretty good excuse to hang out with friends and family. And I like any excuse to hang out and have fun.

No comments: