Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thinking About Colorado

I don't have much to say regarding the horrifying shooting that took place in Aurora a few days ago. It was obviously a devastating event that caused me, and so many Coloradans, much grief. My sadness cannot even begin to compare to that of those who were in the theater, or those who lost loved ones. No sense can be made of events like this, and I don't see much point in trying to find elusive understanding. I want to avoid giving the bastard who committed the horrible act any of the attention he was seeking, and so I will try to simply move on with my life. I am fortunate enough to be able to do that more easily than so many who were more greatly affected by the shooting.

Colorado has had a difficult summer, first with the devastating wildfires that destroyed hundreds of homes, and now with this horrific shooting. All I can hope for myself and my fellow Colorado residents, is that we can remember the many reasons that we chose to live in this beautiful state, and that we won't let the difficulties of this summer become a part of our identity. I have had SO many wonderful experiences here, and I plan to continue to enjoy Colorado's beauty and culture, with a new-found appreciation for what I have.

My desire to make the most out of my time here in Colorado has rekindled my interest in blogging about my amazing life, so that I may happily look back on my experiences in the future. So, I'm back from my unplanned hiatus. We'll see how long this lasts, but for  now I'm looking forward to filling these web pages with examples of the many wonderful things in Colorado and in my life.

No comments: