Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Weekends are awesome - Spring Break is better

I am 3 days and counting away from Spring Break, folks! 3 DAYS AND COUNTING! I can't wait. In case you didn't know, kids act crazy during the week before Spring Break. But that's ok, because I only have 3 MORE DAYS!

Anyway, since Spring Break has not arrived, every moment that I have not been working has been especially precious. Therefore, last weekend was pretty cool.

The weekend began with an evening in an Irish pub with my folks listening to Irish music. I have no pictures of this fun evening, but some of you may know that I really wish I was Irish, so this is still worth noting. At times, I imagined that it was a real Irish pub in Ireland. Now, I'm completely looking forward to St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. My teacher is bringing green mashed potatoes!

Saturday was a huge day for one of my oldest and best friends, Melissa. She was moving into her new apartment! Matt and I went to help her move with champagne in tow!

Struggling with the bottle.

The mess.

Friends toasting!

Mel's beautiful living room furniture.

Matt's birthday was last week (I made him enchiladas and brownies) and Melissa's birthday was Sunday, so a party was certainly in order! My family came over for a bar-b-que and evening of fun!

Birthday cookie-cakes!

Blowing out the candles!

After the typical birthday activities (dinner, presents, cake), it was time for Apples to Apples!

Playing the game. I lost.

Of course, a weekend would not be complete without snowshoeing (at least not since last month)! Sunday morning, we headed out for a short hike up by Idaho Springs.

Our new shoes! Now that I know they don't suck, I can show you how pretty they are.

A pretty, wooded trail.

A clearing.

Matt.

Me.

Trees.

Us.

On our hike, we came across a campground that is usually hopping in the summer. It was kind of cool to see it covered in snow and completely abandoned.




It was a nice weekend. And soon, I will have a week-long "nice weekend"!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

1 comment:

The Moskal Family said...

I wanna visit and spend the weekend doing fun things with you!!(that was my whiny voice if you couldn't tell) YAY for Spring Break! :)