Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My New Love

I have a new toy:


Isn't she pretty? I've had a growing list of issues with my old laptop, and it was getting pretty annoying. With so much relying on my being able to access a computer daily for school, we (Matt and I) decided I needed something new. I decided I needed something little and cute.

And look, pretty swirly designs on the back!

So far, I like my new lappy. It's technically a netbook, though it's got an 11.6" screen, so it's a little bit bigger than most. It's still rather tiny though:

It's like a baby lappy.

But even though she's small, I think she'll work just fine for me. Plus we have Matt's desktop for serious school work (as opposed to trivial school work?). And Little Lappy is certainly an improvement over the Giant.

Other than anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new piece of awesomeness (we ordered her online), we haven't had a lot going on. A couple of weekends ago, we went skiing for the last time of the season. We headed up with Dave again, and Melissa joined us! It worked pretty well to have another person at my skill level around (Mel had only been skiing once before, although she had tried snowboarding quite a few times). It was crazy cold and snowy and windy, so the camera stayed put away for most of the day. But I did get to snap a couple of quick photos.

Taking a break. We both liked to take breaks occasionally.

Me and Mel!

I'm pretty excited about my growth over the season. While I'm still spending my time on the easy, EASY runs, I'm getting way better with my control. And Matt is out there doing harder greens and even some blues! So we've had a pretty good season, and we're already excited for next year. But for now, we have summer! My favorite time of year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.