Friday, April 9, 2010

Six Years...

Today is our anniversary. Not our wedding anniversary, but our "together" anniversary. Once most people get married, they tend to focus on the wedding date as the day to remember. While I will always acknowledge my wedding day as one of the happiest days ever, I like remembering the date that Matt and I first started dating, too. We could have chosen a large variety of days for our wedding, but we had less of a say in the day that we started liking each other. That's something that is kind of left to fate. So I always enjoy recognizing the day that we decided to "try and see where this could go."

We're not an extremely sappy couple (at least Matt isn't), so I won't go crazy with my memories. But here are a few pictures of our life over the last six years:

April 1, 2004. The day we first started "talking."

November 2004.

August 2005. Matt shared his first love with me.

October 2005. This picture cracks me up!

May 2006. In Italy!! About a month after our engagement.

December 2006. Graduating! Matt with his Master's, and me with my Bachelor's.

July 29, 2007.

August 2007. Our honeymoon at Niagra Falls.

Summer 2008. Beginning our love for the Colorado outdoors.

December 2008. Skiing for the first time.

April 2009. We bought a house!

October 2009. We continue to love traveling! In San Francisco.

February 2010. Still finding new things to explore together. (Ok, I got a little sappy in the end.)

And many more adventures are still to come!

4 comments:

Jennifer Perkins said...

this was sweet :o)

Hannah said...

Thanks for sharing!! It was fun to watch the progression of your time together. Glad to see you are happy.

The Moskal Family said...

6 years! That's awesome, Mark and I are celebrating 4 in May, we're still newbies compared to you ;)

Unknown said...

Aww...*Tear* You're too flippin' cute, buddy!