Thursday, June 17, 2010

Things I Learned About Virginia and Washington DC

1. It's humid out there.

2. Virginia has lots of trees. And mosquitoes.

3. The National Mall is much bigger than it looks.

4. The east coast has history. It also has a lot of empty fields where history was once made. Now they're just empty fields with a few rocks.

5. People try and charge way too much for anything with the tiniest bit of history.

6. The Smithsonian is free. Therefore, the Smithsonian is awesome. (Of course, the tons of cool stuff helps the awesome factor a little.)

7. Tarl and Joy are cool.

8. People who go to the University of Virginia are a little weird, Tarl excluded... wait, Tarl not excluded.

9. Good ol' TJ is tall. At least, his statue is.

10. DC has way too many escalators. WAY too many.

I am now back into the swing of all day homework sessions, which is not fun. I have lots of fun and exciting things to share about our trip, but until I turn in all my huge assignments and get started on my next three classes (yep, THREE - at the same time! I must be crazy!), those posts will just have to wait.

2 comments:

The Moskal Family said...

sounds like a fun trip! Where are the pics?!

ealldredge5 said...

When I was in Prague I decided that was a place you should never go or at least you shouldn't use the subway there. One of the escalators to the subway took five minutes to ride from top to bottom (yes, that was one long escalator) and of course there were no stair cases at those deep subway stops. Anyway, I hope you your trip was super fun even with the escalators ;)