Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More Beer and Baseball

Apparently, brewery tours must be followed by baseball games because it seems that I am frequently combining the two into fun weekends. A couple of weeks ago (ok, it was almost a month ago...), we went to the grand opening event at the new site of Fort Collins Brewery.

Yay beer! (Yes, this beer was poured horribly. Luckily, they recognized it and gave me a free one. Yay free beer!)


Chillin' at the new brewery.


Drinking beer on the tour.


The site of the restaurant they're building. In a few months, we'll eat dinner here!


The brew house and bottling line.


Listening to fascinating information. We were on the first tour of the new building.


An FCB car. Cool, I guess.

Being in Fort Collins with all of the brewery options, we continued our day by checking out a few other good beers and cool places. After lunch at one of our favorite Fort Collins restaurants, Choice City Deli, we checked out the Equinox Brewery and revisited Odell.

Eating lunch (and drinking beer, obviously).


Empty tasters at Odell Brewing Co.


Dave and Katie, who live in Fort Collins, took us around the town and enjoyed the beer with us.

After our long day of drinking beer, we decided we better get some more food in us. Dave and Katie made a delicious steak dinner, and we continued the awesomeness.

Matt and Roxi.


Kanzi.


Me and Roxi. She likes me - really.

It was a good time, though I certainly had my fill of beer!

The next day, Melissa and I went to the Rockies game on free tickets provided by my work. Unfortunately, I had only been working at my new school for two days, so I didn't really know any of my coworkers who were there. But the Rockies had a little bit more of a chance that they would make the playoffs than they do now, so we enjoyed getting to cheer for them.

Yay Rockies!


Me and Mel at the TOP of the section - the highest row. But we had a good view, and the Rockies won!

So, in the end, it was a pretty good weekend of lots and lots of beer and a little baseball. Now that I'm back at work, I'm valuing those weekends more and more!

No comments: