Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Music Makes My Heart Happy

Whoa... I'm so behind on posting...

A really long time ago, Matt and I had an awesome weekend of music. We went to Mile High Music Festival to see two days of bands, including DAVE MATTHEWS BAND!!

Woohoo!

On Saturday, we made our way into the festival with lots and lots of other people.

Crowds.


Laying in the grass, listening to music.

The bands we were most looking forward to seeing on day one were Keane and Phoenix. They definitely did not disappoint.

Keane.


Matt's view of Phoenix.


My view of Phoenix. Being short sucks.

The big headliner for night one was Jack Johnson. While I find his music pretty groovy, it's a little too mellow for a giant concert. We decided he was not worth fighting the crowds, so we sat in the back for a few songs before we left the concert early.

Jack Johnson rocks... kinda??

I was extremely excited for day two because Dave was headlining! Hooray!

But first we had to check out the other bands.

Excited for music.


Matt Morris. He was pretty cool.


Train. They were fun.

In the end, we were able to see Keller Williams, Keane, Phoenix, Jack Johnson, Drive-By Truckers, Matt Morris, Punch Brothers, Train, My Morning Jacket, and Weezer (briefly).

Finally, it was time for the big event.

Yay!

Following the crowd of people making their way to the stage.

In case you couldn't tell from comments throughout this post, I'm a pretty big DMB fan and I have been since I was 16. While I wanted to go to the festival for all of the other cool bands, we pretty much bought the tickets because of Dave. So I was kind of excited as the moment drew nearer.

So excited!

Because DMB is one of my favorite bands ever, Matt really wanted to help me get close to the stage. We became very friendly with our neighbors as we all pushed our way in as close as possible.

Lots of people.


In the crowd of people much taller than me.

While we were standing around waiting for the band, a very exciting thing happened. A crazy DMB fan knelt down before his crazy DMB fan girlfriend in a crowd of crazy DMB fans to PROPOSE! MARRIAGE!

She said yes!

I was excited for them.

Anyway, after anxiously waiting not-so-patiently for over an hour (our feet were tired!), it was finally time!

Yay!


Look how close!


Having tons of fun!


Dave!


Smiling Carter on the big screens.


Me and Boyd. ME and BOYD in the same picture!

It was pretty amazing! They played Crush and Two Step, two of my favorite songs. And at the end, Dave came over to our side of the stage and he was less than 10 yards away from me!

It was pretty much the best concert experience ever. While we went mostly for Dave, we had tons of fun during the whole weekend. We may even go again next year!

I'll leave you with my favorite DMB lyric:

"Celebrate we will. 'Cause life is short, but sweet for certain."

No comments: