Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Back on the Slopes

Well, folks. It's here. The moment Matt has been not-so-patiently waiting for has finally arrived.

It's ski season.

Being true ski freaks now, we've already made it up to the mountains twice. The most important thing we've learned in our couple of ski trips is that I am truly awesome at skiing.

Ok, I must admit, I'm still on the easy greens and I don't anticipate jumping on any blues any time soon. But when I think about how horrible I was on my first day (I still blame my awful instructor for most of it), I'm pretty proud of how well I'm doing. Matt, who is still fearless, may not be too far ahead of me for much longer.

Well, that's probably not true. I think there's a pretty big motivation difference between us. Matt would ski everyday if he could, while I'm content to ski a little and read a little. But at least I don't feel like I'm slowing him down too much.

Anyway, the other important thing I learned (thought not as important as the fact that I rock) is that ski pictures all start to look the same once you've gone a few times. Especially when you only have one pair of snow pants and one jacket. So the following pictures may look an awful lot like last season, but just imagine me going a lot faster than in last season's pics.

I actually didn't get any pictures of our first weekend at Keystone, but it was snowy and cloudy anyway. Last weekend we headed up to Breckenridge.

On the mountain at Breck. Beautiful day.


Matt.


Matt again.


Me. Zoom zoom.


So pretty.

We already have plans to go back up on Friday. I'm telling you, we're ski freaks now!

On a side note, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. I've been cooking (and finishing homework) today so that I'm ready to enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Deb said...

missing you! Turkey cooking... several on the way for BREAKFAST! Have a great day!