Sunday, October 12, 2008

Rock the Vote!

I totally rocked the vote this weekend. Matt and I received our mail-in ballots, and I voted for the first time in my life! I tried to vote in the last election, but... when I mailed in my registration form, I forgot to sign it. I know, that's pretty bad. But interestingly, my roommate at the time, John, did the exact same thing. By the time we got the returned registration forms, the deadline had passed. So even though I'm 23, this is the first time I can vote in a presidential election. It is a momentous occasion.

On another note, it's really great that Adams County is trying so hard to make the mail-in ballots available. We just had to fill out a form a while back, and now they mail our ballots to us. No trying to make it to the polls on voting day. But, sadly, I'm not going to get my "I Voted!" sticker. And since it's my first election, I really wanted that sticker. How sad...

Matt and I are really pretty good citizens this year. We did a lot of research before voting. Matt spent quite some time reading through the blue book of information on all the amendments.

We also watched a local news show on all the Colorado ballot issues. I still have a little bit of reading to do before I finish my ballot and mail it in, but I feel that I will be very educated.

1 comment:

esmsrebel said...

NO offense at all but JOHN McCAIN!!!!!! And who can forget Sarah Palin!!