Monday, October 27, 2008

Ahh... Indian Summer

Last weekend my family and I celebrated my sister's birthday by grilling out on a lovely Indian Summer day. (And yes, I mean LAST weekend because I've been meaning to post this for an entire week. What can I say? I procrastinate everything.) Her gift from my other sister and me was a new charcoal grill, so she had us all over to her house to party!

Unfortunately, the grill did not come assembled. We were all very hungry as we waited for the boys to put the grill together.

Two of my adorable nieces!

Another of my nieces, also our videographer for the day.

My dad was assigned the job of grilling because he's the best at it!

The kids found an old empty box somewhere (I have no idea where it came from), and it became their entertainment for the day. I'm always amazed by the depth of imagination in these kids' heads. I can't imagine being entertained by cardboard for hours. (See, I can't even imagine having that much imagination!)

Yes, one of them is in the box at this point.

And there she is!

Then the box was deconstructed and turned into a robot. Complete with "Nuke" button.

The food was delicious and the company was even better.

I like this picture because it has my pregnant sister in it. I wish she would have been standing sideways; then you'd see her big belly!

Matt and me. All of our pictures look weird, but there's not much to be done about it. No matter how hard I try, Matt will squint or blink in 90% of our pictures. So I've given up. He'll just have to look funny on my blog all the time.

And the birthday girl in many fuzzy presents. Fuzzy presents really are the best.

It was fun enjoying the warm weather for one more weekend. Unfortunately, I really think it's all pretty much gone.

On a somewhat unrelated note, where does the term "Indian Summer" come from? I'll have to look it up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo, I like the new blog layout. Very purple! It is supposed to be 70s the rest of the week, I think. Today was beautiful! Here's to Colorado weather where it goes back to being nice after it gets cold. (You're not in Kansas anymore...)

Unknown said...

Hey! I want some of those pics from the party. How about we trade picture cds; I'll give you Jessie's shower and you can give me the pics from the party?