Sunday, April 19, 2009

Friends are cool!

Ah, what a nice weekend! Snow, rain, slush. Being stuck inside for hours. Lovely...

It really was a great weekend, though. A couple of our good friends drove hours and hours to visit us. Because of the lovely weather, we spent a lot of time inside the house. But just getting to hang out with these guys was awesome.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. (What a cliche phrase...) Last week, before our company arrived, I held a huge spider! The Butterfly Pavilion came to our school and brought Rosie the Tarantula with them.

This is not me holding the tarantula. But this is the tarantula that I held.

It was pretty awesome. And I got a sticker.

Everyone knows that stickers are awesome.

I was very excited when some of the kids at school made me a cubby in their room!!

As a Special Ed. para, I go all over the school working and playing with all the SPED kids. So, I don't really have a classroom of my own. One of the rooms I work in decided I needed my own cubby for all the art projects they make me. I thought it was very sweet, and it made me really happy.

The weather was beautiful last week, which made the oncoming storm even more dreadful. The flowers in my front yard were looking gorgeous.

Before the awful rain and snow ruined them.

Our cool friends got in on Thursday night, and the rain/snow/awful mix stuff started on Friday morning. We got out for a short amount of time Friday to try and show them the awesomeness that is Denver. It didn't work very well. The storm wasn't awful, but it was not a lot of fun to be out in. The snow was heavy and wet, and (at least for a while) the flakes were HUGE.

But they got to see Matt's office and a little bit of downtown before we retreated to the comfort and warmth of our house.

Just to give you an idea of how crazy-heavy this snow was, this is our tree outside after a few hours of snow.

Matt thought it would be fun to go out and shake off the tree. What can I say? We were bored...

It ended up being beneficial to our poor little tree. Once the weight of the snow was shaken off, it bounced back.

That was pretty much our entertainment on Friday... We spent a lot of time playing board games.

But like I said, just hanging out and talking with these awesome friends of ours was fun. However, we were still very anxious to get out of the house on Saturday. Luckily, the snow turned to rain, and we were able to trek back downtown to the Art Museum.

We saw some cool art, had a nice lunch, and saw a little more of the city.

It's really too bad the weather was so crappy because we had great plans to go up in the mountains and do wonderful summer-like things. Oh, well. Next time...

1 comment:

On The Wall said...

We had SUCH a great time with you guys. Made us miss you even more!