Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So sleepy...

Well, it's almost bedtime, but if I don't post something now, I'm not sure if I will anytime soon. This last week has been pretty busy, and I haven't had much of a chance to update. And I only have a little bit of time before I pass out from exhaustion so: quick post, and then to bed.

First, the weekend before last, we went to a Colorado Rapids game. This was going to be a post of its own, but new house stuff has monopolized my time. So I'm a little late. But it was pretty awesome. Neither Matt nor I had ever been to a soccer game, or really gotten into the sport in the past. But now we both are liking it.

Dick's Sporting Goods Park

We won! 2-1 against the Kansas City Wizards. It was kinda fun to be rooting against Matt's brother's team.

Matt's hat was probably confusing to people, since we were playing KC. But I promise he rooted for the Rapids.

I was very, VERY cold. But it was fun.

Last Tuesday, WE CLOSED ON OUR HOUSE!

At the closing.

We got into our house for the first time Friday night. And I'm warning you, the following picture of me is extremely frightening, but it captures the exact moment we first stepped into our house, when Matt carried me over our threshold. So... don't make fun of me too much because it was very exciting.

I brought bread and salt because my aunt told me about some tradition involving bread and salt. It was fun.

That's a better picture of us in our new house.

Since then, we've been spending all our time at our new place. We won't officially move in until this Saturday, but we've been changing light fixtures and painting, etc.

We spent some money at Home Depot. Mostly on light fixtures.

And Matt got a nice, giant grill that he put together this weekend. He was very excited.

I'll have many more house pictures over the next few days. We've already gotten rid of the magenta fire place, so I'll be excited to show you that picture soon!

And finally, I'll leave you with a picture of a good-looking fireman. The fire department came to my school today. The kids loved it, and so did most of the women teachers. A little too much I would say...


And now, to bed.

2 comments:

The Moskal Family said...

oooooh la la! Firemen!!

hahaha, very fun about the house, I can't wait to see what you guys do with it! Congrats!

Jess said...

Hey, Kelly. I posted! Sorry I'm so slow, but we'll see how well you keep up when you have your kids....:)