Monday, May 18, 2009

I love Bret and Jemaine!

Flight of the Conchords is one of the coolest bands ever. Really.

If you've never heard of the Conchords, they're a New Zealand folk comedy duo (Bret and Jemaine). They've had a couple of seasons of an HBO series, also titled Flight of the Conchords, and they're awesome.



And I got to see them in concert on Saturday!!!!

But first I had to cook lots of yummy food for my sister's graduation party. Because Salem graduated from college!!


She was excited:


For some reason, I didn't get any pictures of all the food and decorations, but I really did make a lot. In fact, all the work made my back hurt worse than usual, so I borrowed George's inversion table to stretch out. It's pretty much the best machine ever. I'm going to buy one.


The machine left me feeling refreshed, and I was able to rejoin the party. We ate food, played a little poker with the kids, ate food, had some drinks, ate food, and even had a little sing-a-long as my dad played the piano.


I think it was a good time for all, but most importantly for Salem. And it's a good thing my back was feeling better, because I still had a concert to go to!

There are certain things about living in Colorado that are just really cool. Getting to see shows at Red Rocks is definitely one of those things.


If you've never been to the venue, you'll just have to believe me when I say that it is one of the best out there. It's definitely my favorite. Listening to music in the cool, mountain air, while looking out over the city, is just amazing. I can't even begin to describe it.

In addition to the Conchords, there were a couple of great opening acts. The first of which was Iron & Wine:


He's a favorite of a couple of our best friends, John and Anna, and we thought of them as we watched his performance.

The comedian Arj Barker, who plays Dave on the FotC TV show, was also an opening act, and he was pretty funny. But nothing was to compare to the awesomeness that is Bret and Jemaine.


They put on a really good show. And they played "Jenny," which is my favorite song. So it was tons of fun, and I'm really glad we went.

No comments: