Sunday, October 18, 2009

10 Things I Know About San Francisco That I Didn't Know a Week Ago

1. Riding the bus through Chinatown means you will be squished in like a sardine.

2. Fisherman's Wharf is a giant tourist trap. But I'm ok with it.

3. Pier 39 is just ridiculous. I'm not really ok with it.

4. The Golden Gate Bridge is big, and long, and very high up from the ground. It's also pretty.

5. The streets are steep. Really. (I suppose I already knew this, but now I know.)

6. M5 Industries is just a building in a boring industrial area. It's nice to see that my beloved Mythbusters have not yet put in a gift shop.

7. Food is expensive.

8. Fog is cold. (This is more of a general statement, but I never really understood this, as we don't have fog in Denver. There's lots of fog in San Francisco, and it's cold.)

9. Ghirardelli chocolate is very expensive in Ghirardelli Square. It is also delicious in any location.

10. Alcatraz is crazy-creepy-cool.

Pictures and more to come!

No comments: