Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fun Things That Make Me Tired

Wow. December is a hard month. I feel behind on everything, and I'm busy all the time. But somehow, I've found the time to have a little fun, too.

Way back, more than a week ago, I did something I'd never done before. I went with a friend to Tracks Nightclub in Denver. On the first Friday of every month, they have a huge ladies' night, aptly named "First Friday." It's the "largest monthly women's dance party in the US." Soo... that's cool.


The thing that made this experience so different for me was that Tracks is club that caters mostly to the GLBT community. I was a little nervous about being a straight girl at a "gay club," but I ended up having a really good time. The great thing about the gay and lesbian community is that they're so accepting of everyone. It was a lot of fun, and I think I'll be going again.

Last week, it was cold. I mean REALLY cold. We accidentally forgot about the cooler full of drinks that we left outside after Thanksgiving weekend. We ended up with a pretty interesting ice sculpture.

Frozen solid.

The freezing cold weather made it very difficult to leave our nice, warm house. But leave it we did. On Wednesday, we headed out to support our Avs! We're pretty big hockey fans (I'm so proud to have influenced Matt in this), so we're always excited to see them in action.

Yay hockey!

Thanks to some connections of Matt, we got awesome seats. In fact, I've never been that close. We were in the lower level, ROW 8!! It was very exciting.

Look how close!

Sadly, our boys lost. But it was still a good time. And we got to see some way cute little kids at intermission.

Look how cute! We loved the way the little league kids just swarmed after the puck in one giant mass. It was fun.

Last night, we ventured up to Fort Collins to hang out with some friends. We had delicious food, good beer, and fun times. As a result, I am very tired. In fact, I've been exhausted this whole week. But it's been worth it. In the craziness of the holidays, it's vital to make time for fun (often non-holiday related) activities.

No comments: