Saturday, December 19, 2009

Things I Learned Today

1. Skiing is hard. (I pretty much had this one figured out a year ago, but it was reaffirmed to me today.)

2. Skis and ski boots are heavy.

3. I shouldn't listen to Matt. Ever. At least when it comes to deciding what runs to take.

4. When I'm stuck on a big, scary mountain (thanks to Matt) and I have to go down, I can do pretty ok. That being said...

5. Falling hurts.

6. Pink goggles make everything better.

7. Getting off a ski lift (especially going down, while carrying skis because you're not allowed to wear them, when the guys don't even notice you're there and don't slow the lift at all or give any instructions on what you're supposed do) is hard.

8. Causing the lift to stop after falling when trying to get off is embarrassing.

9. Beer tastes yummy after skiing.

10. Burgers are awesome after skiing.

And:

Someday, I will be good at this.

No comments: