Friday, May 14, 2010

Because the Rocky Mountain Way is better than the way we had...

I don't know what way we had before, but I'm pretty sure the Rocky Mountain Way is better.

A couple of weekends ago, we got our Eagles rock on again by listening to The Long Run, Colorado's Tribute to the Eagles (also known as "my dad's band"). They were playing at a really cool venue called the Soiled Dove Underground here in Denver.

Rockin' out to some Eagles music.

I love seeing live music.

More recently (last weekend), we headed out to experience the real Rocky Mountain Way by going on another hike. This time, my dad came, too! We went up to Eldorado Canyon, which was beautiful, even though we're still waiting for some more green to come in.

Looking through the canyon.


Me. Hiking.


Matt, checking the book. He does this a lot on some hikes.


Cool trail.

We had a pretty good climb up the mountainside.

Up so high, looking down the canyon.


Beautiful snow-capped mountains.


Me and Dad.


Tree growing in the middle of the trail.

The Eldorado Canyon area is also a popular climbing spot. We saw quite a few climbing the Bastille.

The Bastille (or a big rock wall).


Me. This is pretty much as close as I'll get to climbing the Bastille. The heights thing just doesn't work for me.


On the road, walking back to the car.

I absolutely love enjoying our beautiful Rocky Mountains. And no offense, other places, but the Rocky Mountain Way is totally awesome.

2 comments:

ealldredge5 said...

So I'm looking at your pictures thinking you're still waiting for green? Those pictures look really green and then I realized I'm in Utah and Utah is really ugly. That's sad that ugly Colorado is way better they pretty Utah. I miss Colorado.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.