Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's Hiking Season!

I've had this post sitting half-finished for a week! Things have just been completely crazy! I've been finishing one class, starting two more, traveling to multiple schools in my district, and rehearsing for a play. In fact, I only have a few minutes now, so I'm just gonna zoom through this. I hope to spend a little more time updating you all this weekend... We'll see how that goes...

Anyway, a couple of weekends ago, we set out for another Spring hike. We're sticking with familiar and pretty easy trails for now. Green Mountain was a hike we enjoyed a couple of years ago, so we decided to go back.

Things are still pretty cold and dead up in the mountains. But there are pretty things to be found, if you just go look for them. We went looking and saw lots of deer!

At the start of our hike. It was lunch time for some deer.


Deer.

We came across quite a bit of snow on the trail - not enough for snowshoes, but enough to make it a little slippery.

Me, on the snowy trail.


Matt.

The last time we were on Green Mountain, I dubbed it my "fairy forest hike" because every thing was so green that I felt like I was in some sort of enchanted forest. Well, I guess the fairies are still hibernating, because enchanted forests look a lot different in the Spring.

Summer 2008 and early Spring 2010. So different.


Lots of snow. No fairies.

But we were able to get some good views. The distant mountains certainly look prettier with some snow on them.


At the top of the mountain.

And the good news is that I'm in much better shape than I was last time we took this hike. A couple of years ago, I didn't make it all the way to the summit, but I did this time!

Me.


Matt. He's too tall. But you can still see the pretty mountains through his legs!


Us. Yay!

I guess it's that time of year when my blog starts filling up with hiking posts and hiking pictures! I'm so ready! Are you?

No comments: