Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday...s...

I like birthdays! Especially my own, but mine is not for another couple of months. So I'll just have to enjoy the special days' of others. Which is fun, too.

Last Wednesday was Matt's birthday. I made him a delicious meal of creamy chicken enchiladas, with delicious beans as a side, margaritas to drink, and yummy chocolate chip cookies as desert.

But I don't have any pictures, so you'll have to imagine it.

For one of my best friend's birthday this weekend, I threw a little get-together. It was a lot of fun. And I do have pictures of this one, so you can rest your imaginations for a while.

I made a pretty good spread of food. Not quite as elaborate as some stuff I've done (Jess's baby shower was pretty awesome), but I was pretty proud of what I threw together.


It was a Mexican Fiesta theme, with Mexican tortilla roll-ups, 7 layer bean dip, cheesy beef dip (not pictured), and fruit salsa with cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips. Plus chips and salsa, but I didn't make my own, so it doesn't really count. And I made small non-dairy versions of the roll-ups and the bean dip. So, we had a pretty good amount of food.

My favorite was the fruit salsa. It takes forever to cut up all the fruit (thanks for doing that part, Mel!) and bake the chips, but it is totally worth it.


So we ate lots of food...


Including cake (made by the birthday girl herself, which seems kinda wrong. But I think she had fun with it, so it's ok).

The orange candle doesn't have a wick. How sad.

Don't spit on my cupcake, Mel!

And we played games. Apples to Apples is awesome.


I think it was a good time. Hopefully Melissa did, too!

And by the way, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! It was fun! Thanks for having it!