Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snow days on Spring Break... how sad.

I have to say: I love living in Colorado.

It snowed like crazy on Thursday (I think we got 11 inches in my neck of the woods). It completely slowed down everything in the Denver area. Schools were canceled and traffic was NUTS.

This was the view out our patio window around mid-day.

But this is not why I like living in Colorado. In fact, I hate the cold and snow a lot. And I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a snow day this week since I was already on Spring Break.

The cats liked the snow.

What makes me SO happy about Colorado is that Friday morning, the sun came out and (with the help of the plow trucks) melted away the snow. I drove to my dentist appointment around 10:30 on nearly dry roads. By late afternoon, the roads were completely clear.

View out my window this morning (Saturday).

After the storm moved out of Colorado and moved into Kansas, it turned into ice. My friends and family have been without power for hours, and have dealt with broken trees and craziness. And while I'm very sorry that they've had to deal with all that, I'm very happy that I haven't. Colorado winters really are better than Kansas winters... in my opinion.

In other news, I got my hair cut and dyed this week. This was me before:

Ugly hair, weird expression.

This is me now:

So... yay.

2 comments:

On The Wall said...

LOVE your hair!!!! =) It's SOO cute. Can't wait to see you! We're both getting antsy..ready to come out! =)

Unknown said...

Yay, cute hair! Can't believe it's already Saturday, guess we missed spring break for hanging out, huh? We should hang out this next week at least...