Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Can Spring Break be two weeks long this year?

Spring Break is really fantastic. And I have to say, when you work with kids, you often need a little break to re-energized yourself. So that's what I'm doing this week! Because I'm on Spring Break!

This Spring Break is especially wonderful because it began after two very long twelve-hour days. It was parent/teacher conferences, but since I'm not a teacher, I didn't have to confer with anyone. Instead we cleaned and reorganized our room. It was kinda messy:


For our dinner on Thursday, we were provided with raw meat. Yay!

The place we got our dinner from didn't cook their meat before they put it in their lasagna. Obviously, it didn't cook at all because every lasagna recipe I've ever seen calls for you to cook your meat before you put it in the lasagna. It was pretty disgusting to find the above in my food, after I'd already eaten more than half of it.

But no one got sick, and we got free pizza from the restaurant the next day. So, life goes on.

It certainly helped me get more ready to get out of school and start Spring Break!

It began nicely, on Saturday morning, with our first hike of the season. Matt and I went to Mount Falcon for a short and easy hike. Everything is still a little brown and dead, but it was pretty, nonetheless.

If you look carefully on the top of the hill, you can see the shelter we hiked to.



On Saturday night, we went mini-golfing with Mel. Yay, Spring is finally here! Though it was still a little chilly.


Matt won, of course. He's too good at everything.


Sunday morning we had a big family brunch because my aunt and uncle were in town. Unfortunately, my aunt was very sick, so it was a pretty subdued day. But it was nice to visit with everyone, and breakfast was delicious. Plus, it was pretty funny that my parents, the chefs, wore matching aprons.


It would be more fun if they were an exciting color or had matching designs... but oh, well.

I love yard games, like croquet and bocce ball. You can see this season's first croquet game from a few weeks ago here. After brunch on Sunday, we had our first bocce ball game!



So, it's been a pretty a good start to Spring Break. Monday, I worked on an application for a summer job all day, and did a little house cleaning. Today included a doctor's appointment (I'll start physical therapy for my back again...) and lunch downtown with Matt.

So Spring Break is good. And I still have the rest of the week to enjoy.

And by the way, the croquet quote from my previous post is from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, the book.

1 comment:

The Moskal Family said...

ARG! And if I had just thought it through, I may have figured it out!
Glad you're enjoying your spring!!