Friday, August 14, 2009

Friends and Such

Wow! What a week! We returned from our little vacation on Sunday night, and I've been going and going ever since. I went back to school Monday morning, and I've had rehearsals for an upcoming show every night this week. So unfortunately, this post is way overdue. But life happens!

In a time long, long ago, Matt and I took a vacation.

After a beautiful vow renewal and a great weekend spent with Matt's family, we had to be on our way to our other exciting destinations. But first, we couldn't be in Ark City without visiting one of our favorite places: Jerry's. You may remember it from here.

Matt, facing one of life's most difficult questions: "Which delicious Jerry's concoction should I eat first?"

Finally, on Sunday morning, we were on our way to our next stop: my grandparents' house.

When I was attending college in Emporia, Kansas, I spent a lot of my weekends visiting my grandparents. Doing laundry, getting some good home cooking, and watching cable; it was my home away from home. After three and a half years of seeing them frequently, it's been sad that we're so far away now. So I love an opportunity to spend some time visiting!

My grandma made a delicious Sunday meal that we shared with my aunt and uncle (who we also don't get to see enough for my liking), and we spent a lot of time chatting and catching up on the "goings-on." It was a nice visit, if it was a little too short!

Grandma and Grandpa

On Monday morning we were on our way again, to Medicine Lodge.

If you know anything about Kansas towns, you might wonder why we were headed to the tiny, tiny town of Medicine Lodge. I almost asked myself that same question. But then I remembered that our best friends live there!

John and Anna have been great friends for years. In fact, John and Matt have been best friends since high school. And we had gone too long without seeing them!

John and Anna have put a lot of work into their new rental home, and they've really made it a great, comfortable place. And the town's actually not too bad, as small Kansas towns go. I'm really glad that they seem so happy there, and I'll be glad to go back and visit as often as we can! (But it's your turn to come see us, guys!)

We spent a lot of time playing cards, and catching up. We manage to have fun together, even when we're not doing much.

John and Anna, and Skip-Bo.

John took the following picture. I think he did this on purpose.

This is the only picture of Matt and I at John and Anna's, and John ruined it. Oh, well!

I am much better at taking pictures.

Aww.

They're in the bathroom. I have no idea why. They must be doing "best friends" stuff.

Good times.

Tuesday afternoon, we were on our way back to good ol' AC. John and Anna followed us, and we had an awesome "AC Homies" reunion.

I guess now would be a good time to mention the weird, freakish relationship Matt has with his old high school buddies. There was a group of five of them that managed to stay crazy close years after high school. To explain the whole thing would take quite some time. But don't worry, I'm planning on writing some sort of movie about the whole thing someday (probably not really...). Lucky for me, all the guys' wives are also awesome. So we now have great group of friends.

Anyway, we hung out with all these crazy people. And it was cool.

You may recognize Dac and Alisha, from here.

The boys looked at funny things online.

While the girls chatted outside. Sadly, we were missing a wife.

Wednesday morning we made another trip to Jerry's. Some of the other guys wanted to go, and we just can't resist!

Delicious.

Lots of fun was had with our friends. But we were still only halfway through our vacation. It was on to Arkansas and my family's craziness. But we'll save that for later.

1 comment:

Jennifer Perkins said...

I love seeing your life on your blog...

can you give Jessie my email addy so I can see hers too?

jkpajp5@yahoo.com

thanks! Jen