Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas: Part Four... Will it ever end??

Recap: Three down, Matt's still sick... or is he?

Christmas Four

When we woke up Saturday morning, the greatest thing happened. Matt was feeling better!!! That means that the moment had arrived!

JERRY'S DONUTS!!

We'd been planning to get donuts all week, but Matt hadn't been feeling up to it. I was very close to going without him, but I didn't want him to miss out on the wonderful experience. So, when I found out he was feeling up to it, I was thrilled.

"This is the moment!
This is the day!"

Pretty much the best donut shop ever is in Ark City. Go there. It's technically called Ike's, but it was Jerry's for, like, a million years, so all the extra cool locals still call it Jerry's. I'm not a local, but I pretend. This donut shop is pretty much the reason I married Matt. Just so I would have an excuse to go to his hometown and become a part of his Jerry's traditions.

Anyway, after the spectacular donuts, we still had another Christmas to get to. Christmas with Matt's Mom's family. But this time Matt was around! Yay!

Eating. We had a delicious array of soups. After ham and fixings for Friday, and turkey and fixings for Thursday, soup was a wonderful way to change things up.

There was taco soup, potato soup, and chicken noodle soup. Yum.

The final round of presents. Still small stuff, though.

My niece is enthralled with the bubble wrap. I can't believe how much kids love that stuff. Although, I will admit, it's fun to pop.

And game time, yet again! Rummikub! A friend of ours from college lives in town, so he came over and joined us. Later, some other friends stopped by. It was great to see people again.

Those are my tiles... don't tell anyone.

And Dark Tower again! That's my little dude.

After games, Matt was feeling well enough to become one with his inner nerd-child. His mother found his old
"Future Astronaut's Handbook" from Space Camp. I want to make fun of him, but I always wanted to go to Space Camp, so really I'm just jealous.

And I finally made Matt put on the Christmas present I got him, now that I was pretty sure he wouldn't puke on it. It looks good!

Kinda clashes with those ugly chiefs pants, though. I need to get him some Avs PJs. Or some Broncos PJs...

So, it was a crazy vacation, but it was a lot of fun. I loved seeing all the family, and we definitely got to see ALL the family.

It was nice to get home and relax for a while. But it didn't last for too long. Today, we had Christmas with my folks since we missed it last week. But I'll talk about that some other time. I think I'm done with Christmas for now!

No comments: