Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Evie!

One year ago today, baby Evelyn was born.

Aww. A baby.

Last weekend we had a little party to celebrate her first birthday. I'm pretty sure she had no idea what was going on, but I think she had fun anyway.

I made the birthday cakes for the occasion. I made a small cake for her to destroy, and a larger one for the grown-ups to enjoy.

My expert decorating skills. This was Evie's cake. I'm getting pretty awesome with a star tip. Unfortunately, I'm ridiculously awful with any other decorating tip.

Yay parties! Yes, I'm wearing a SpongeBob hat. I really dislike SpongeBob, but I really like silly party hats.

We showered Evie with presents.

She loved this weird blue thing.

Cuddling with Grover.

This is when Mommy and Sissy were helping her open the books Matt and I got her. She was more interested in something under the dog bed. Hopefully, she'll enjoy our gift later, when there's less distraction.

Then it was cake time! As I'm sure you know, it's tradition to let the kiddo tear into her first cake. We layed out the plastic and stripped the baby down to her diaper.

She cried when we sang "Happy Birthday."

Once the cake was in front of her, she was much happier.

She was a little hesitant at first...

...but was quickly diving right in.

Yum. Cake.

The "after" cake. Not very appetizing anymore.

I think Evie enjoyed having everyone dote on her all afternoon. Of course, everyone dotes on her all the time. But this time, she got cake. And everything's better with cake.

1 comment:

The Moskal Family said...

What a fun birthday!! Happy Birthday to Evie!