Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Months later, and I'm still "Crazy!"

A very long time ago, my mom and I designed and constructed costumes for a local production of "Crazy For You." You may remember reading about it here. I said that I would post pictures once I received them, and I meant to keep that promise. Sadly, I requested a copy of the production photos, but I didn't get any response. After additional requests and many months of waiting patiently, I finally have pictures to share! So you may not care much after nine months, but here are pictures of the awesome job my mom and I did.

Zangler's Follies. Nine identical poofy dresses, constructed from scratch. The three best looking dresses are the ones I made. (Probably not really...)

The whole cast. I have no idea why they're doing the Les Mis thing. In fact, I hate that shows like to have an omage to Les Mis for no reason. So just look at the costumes.

Cowboys.

The easiest costumes. Thank you thrift stores.

Two Zanglers!!

Zangler's Follies again. We found a few of these costumes in their stock, but we had to make more using the garments as a pattern. I did most of the work on these, so I'm pretty proud. Bet you can't tell which are the originals and which are ours!

Admittedly, there are quite a few issues I wish we'd had time to take care of. Unfortunately, we were thrown into the whole thing kind of late in the process. We only had about a month and a half to put everything together. That is not a lot of time when there are 32 actors (each with multiple costumes) and both designers work full time jobs! But given the circumstances, I am unbelievably proud of what we did.

Maybe I should quit my job and become a costume designer...

Pictures courtesy of Perfomance Now Theatre Company.

No comments: