Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Craziness!

Happy Halloween! We celebrated on Saturday with a party! But first the kiddos had to go trick-or-treating. They came over to my house to get ready before they headed out into the neighborhood.

A ladybug.

We had a fairy, a ladybug, Daphne, and Fred (from Harry Potter).

Sisters!

While the kids were enjoying their candy, I was preparing for the party.

Deliciousness.

We had Human Vertebrae, Mummy's Toes, Devilish Eyeballs, Dried Scabs, and Witches' Fingers (plus pumpkin cookies and chips w/ salsa). I know it's pretty silly, but I was very excited about my "spooky" names. Sadly, I forgot the Moldy Dip in the fridge!

Punch!

The kids were kind enough to man the door while we were getting ready. We had tons of trick-or-treaters. Very different from last year in the apartment!

Excited for the door to ring!

Finally, it was time for the grown-ups to get dressed up and have fun!

We were Mary Anne and Claudia from The Baby-Sitters Club. I love it.

Our costume "theme" was literature and literary characters. But not everyone participated. I guess that's ok...

Hangin' out.

Dancing in character.

In between all the crazy fun we were having, I managed to snap some pictures of myself. Awesome.

With Matt. After I'd abandoned the wig. I was only half of a Claudia.

With Mel.

With Jess.

Someone brought really cool smushy eyeballs. Also awesome.

Eyeball races. Jess won, but I'm pretty sure she cheated.

Overall, the party was a good time. It was a little smaller than I anticipated, but the company was good!

Salem and George.

Winding down with cards at the end of the night.

After people left, I realized that I hadn't gotten a picture of the bottom half of my costume. Doesn't it scream 1986? I also had some awesome shoes, but they were off somewhere at this point.

So, I hope your Halloween was creepy, fun, and safe. I'll leave you with this piece of cuteness:

Happy Halloween!

No comments: