Friday, November 21, 2008

I fell down my stairs. Yeah, I'm cool like that.

Yesterday morning, it was very cold outside. Very cold. I had heard that the temperature would be dropping the night before, so I prepared myself. I wore an extra warm pair of socks and a nice, cozy turtleneck sweater. And I looked pretty darn good in said sweater, by the way. As there wasn't any snow on the ground (and I checked out the window to be sure), I wore my nice high-heeled boots to complete my ensemble.

I shouldn't have worn the boots.

I hurried down our outdoor stairs with morning breakfast shake in hand, hoping to make it to the bus stop before my bus pulled away. Matt was close behind me when disaster struck.

I slipped.

And fell.

I landed hard on my bum, and tumble-slid my way down the remaining stairs. Chocolate Instant Breakfast flew out of my cup and went everywhere. It landed all over me, soaking my hair and covering my beautiful turtleneck sweater.

And I began to cry.

I was scared, in pain, wet, and without breakfast.

Matt helped me back to our apartment, and after a shower and a new set of clothes for me, we left for work a second time.

This time, I wore my winter boots. And walked very slowly.

My breakfast shake remains on the stairs.



As the shake froze on the stairs, they became even more dangerous. I slipped a second time, but I was ready. I grabbed that rail and held on for dear life, and I made it down safely! Then management came and salted the stairs. So no more falling down!

Today, I have bruises on my left side of my body, and muscle soreness on my right. But while it was horribly traumatic at the time, it's kinda funny now. I guess...

No comments: