Monday, November 10, 2008

The KitchenAid Mixer is pretty much the greatest machine EVER.

Better than the car, plane, or even the television! And I finally own one! Matt saw (and heard) me salivating over one of these a few weeks ago, so he got me one for Christmas! It was a great moment when I saw my big brown box, and imagined what was waiting for me inside.


My big strong husband carried it all the way upstairs for me.


And I was thrilled to open the box (though too much of a wimp to get the huge thing out, that was still Matt's job.)


And there she was: My beautiful new baby. The big KitchenAid Proffessional 600! That's right, the big one. Look how shiny.


But I was terribly saddened to see an awful imperfection right in the front of the machine. A huge dent/scratch!


I was ready to pack her back up and send her back. But Matt reminded me that she is supposed to be used, not just look pretty. And it would be a LONG time before I could use her if I had to wait for a new one to come. So I have accepted her "birthmark." And I have learned the importance of loving everything about her, including her imperfections. I hope she loves me the same way.

We quickly got to work making dinner. Meatloaf. And look, clean hands! And I got to keep my ring on for once.


Delicious mashed potatoes as a side.


The finished meal was delicious. But I just made canned green beans as a vegetable. I'll have to work on figuring out what veggies can be made in my new baby.


After dinner it was time for dessert. Here she is in action, making cookies.


Mmmm...


I thought I deserved a little treat after all our hard work. Here I am enjoying the fruits of my labor.


We made a big mound of cookies tonight.


My new machine is now resting after all her hard work. Here she is, towering over our mound of cookies. She's a beast!


I think I'm really going to love having this girl around. And I think Matt will love it, too. He sure seemed to enjoy some of those cookies.

Now I just have to name her... Any ideas?

No comments: