Monday, June 29, 2009

Hikes and Beer

We went up to the Fort Collins area this weekend to hang out with a friend. He took us on a pretty cool hike.

Greyrock Mountain:


About to start the climb up Greyrock. This is about 2/3(ish) of the way through the hike.

View close to the top.

Ov
erall, I really liked the trail. But towards the end, we had to do some "scrambling" over some rocky parts. It was a little tough for me, and I definitely slowed the guys down a bit. I want to say it was because of my short legs, but that probably wasn't the only reason.

Almost to the top. This was as far as I went.

I didn't make it to the summit, but I made it about 95% of the way. I didn't want to keep scrambling on the trail that kept getting more difficult as it went up. I don't like scrambling. So, I sat and let the guys finish up without me. I was ok with that.

A chipmunk.

View from the very top, as seen by Matt and Dave, not me.

After the hike and a nice lunch, we went to check out the Colorado Brewers' Festival in Fort Collins.


I'm not a big beer drinker, but I tried a couple different "flavors." Matt gets really into the craft breweries and trying new beers, so I think he enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the festival seemed to be more about drinking lots and lots of beer for most people, and less about taste-testing and trying new breweries. But it was still a cool thing to do.

Matt and Dave with beer.

It was a long, hot, and tiring day. And that's cool.

1 comment:

matts mom said...

I'm anticipating the overnighter story!! :) I love this blog and I love my daughter in law!!