Thursday, July 16, 2009

Completely obsessed!

I am, that is. I am completely obsessed with Harry Potter.

The new movie came out yesterday and, of course, Matt and I went to see it. I had tickets purchased a week early and I had been re-watching the movies and re-reading the sixth book to fully prepare myself for the awesomeness.

I had to get into the proper HP mood (as if it takes much) before leaving to see the movie, so I enjoyed a "butterbeer" while reading my book.


The butterbeer is basically one ounce butterscotch schnapps to a cup of cream soda or ginger ale. It was delicious. And very magical.

I made Matt rush home from work so we could get to the theatre ridiculously early. I thought it would be crazy busy.


It wasn't. We were the first in the theatre. I must have been the only obsessed fan in the audience for that showing. But the theatre filled up before the show started.

Here we are, excited for the movie to start. Or at least I am. I think Matt's just pretending.

The sixth book is my favorite (though my favorite book seems to change daily), so I really wanted this movie to be good. In general, I liked it. But I'm not sure I can make a real judgment until I've seen it again. Maybe seven or eight times.

After seeing the movie and reading the book over the last couple of days, I am now in a "Harry Potter-induced funk." I get this way sometimes. I can't get my mind out of the HP world. Even when I'm not consciously thinking about the story, I just feel funky. The idea of it all being over saddens me immensely.

Tonight, Matt suggested we re-watch all the movies from the beginning. I was thrilled to hear him say this. So, now we're watching the first movie, while I read HP things online, occassionally leafing through one of the seven books piled next to me. Completely obsessed!

No comments: