Monday, July 13, 2009

"I need a Beer - Stat!"

I made the above statement to Matt as we were descending Mt. Bierstadt on Sunday. I found it very funny. He did not.

See, I said "Beer Stat" because we hiked Bierstadt, and "Bierstadt" is pronounced beer-stat. Get it?

Hahahaha. I am hilarious.

Except I don't even really like beer.

But I like mountains.

We got up crazy early on Sunday to hike Bierstadt. The rising sun was beautiful as we began the trek.

At the start of our climb. Mt Bierstadt is on the right, and "The Sawtooth" is the formation to the left.

An easy part of the hike.

Parts of this trail were a little tough, but we handled it ok.

Getting closer.

Getting tired.

We only had to cross a small amount of snow. It was kinda fun.

"Where are my snowshoes?"

Finally, we made it!

Me, at the summit.

Matt, at the summit.

Me and Matt, at the top. Yay! It was the first fourteener we'd summited!

There were a ton of people up there, which took away from the serenity a little bit.

Lot of people on the peak.

More lots of people making their ascent or descent.

But it was really spectacularly beautiful up there.


Ahh...

"The Sawtooth."

Sadly, we had to start heading down eventually, looking for wildlife along the way. I was very disappointed that we didn't see any marmots. Oh, well.

A pika... somewhere in there.

A dog chasing a pika.

On the way down, I slipped and banged up my elbow a bit. But don't worry, "'tis but a fleshwound!" Ha. I just really wanted to say that.

But anyway...

One last look.

2 comments:

Mahmood Syed Faheem said...

It must have been a very thrilling expedition! Your blog is very nice. The photographs are very beautiful. Wish you all the best. God is Great.
http://foto-tricks.blogspot.com

thepetalsbar said...

nature is beautiful. love the west countryside. reminds me of hiking trips in the UK. here in Malaysia, the forest is so dense with leeches...eeeew