Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm going K-ra-zy!

I've been sewing a lot recently, and I have A LOT more to do in the next couple of weeks. My mom and I are co-costuming for a production of "Crazy for You." We were asked somewhat last minute, so we haven't had as much time to prepare as we would have liked. Plus the show is big; we have 34 actors! It's really the first big show either of us has designed, which is a little scary. I'm fairly certain that we're not going to get everything done.

Things have been a little tough at times throughout the process (so far). We don't have as many people on our crew as we thought we would, and the director doesn't really seem to care much about the costumes in general. I'm sure I add to my mother's stress because I get very frustrated very easily. But I'm really hoping it will all be worth it when our fabulous costumes hit the stage on February 13!

Anyway, sewing and planning has completely consumed my time these last few weeks and it will only get worse. This is what I've been doing:

Getting started. Lots of fabric.

Here's the fabric once it was formed into things. Knicker-pants and crazy sequin shrugs, though you can't really tell from the way I piled them together for this picture.

The costumes we took to fittings on Saturday. We had to load all these and the rack into the car, drive 45 minutes, and then unload them at the studio. Then we repeated in reverse so we could take them home and work on them. Fun!

A bodice for one of the EIGHT Follies' girls' dresses we're making.

Two of the half finished Follies' dresses. They still need sleeves and finishings. Plus lots of pink fufu stuff to make it crazy pretty. (And they really need pressed!)

We still have lots of work, so I'll keep posting along the way!

1 comment:

On The Wall said...

How did I not know you have a blog?! How exciting!