Saturday, January 31, 2009

I used to like staying home from school...

So, as you know I started a new job a while back. My first day was January 5, so I've been there for four weeks now. I haven't really blogged about it for a few reasons:

1. I'm a procrastinator.
2. I wanted to take pictures of my school to include in my post, but I didn't get around to it for a really long time. See #1.
3. I've been really busy with costuming stuff, so I haven't been thinking about school as much once I get home.
4. I'm still new and learning, so I don't have a lot to say about it yet.

But this week, I was finally initiated into the world of education.

I got sick.

It's all those kids with their crazy germs! I even had to stay home. Two days in a row! And I don't like missing work. Especially when I've only been working there for a few weeks. I'm still trying to prove myself and show my awesome work ethic. But I tried to go in on Wednesday, and I was sent home. I was pretty croaky-sounding, and eventually I lost my voice completely. When it started coming back, this weird croaking noise would come out of me randomly as I was trying to talk. I couldn't really control it. It was funny.

But I did get to watch a lot of Legend of the Seeker when I was home alone for two days. I pretty much love that show. It's cool.

So now I know what it's like to work in education. And I like it. Not the getting sick part, but the job in general. In my position, I work with all the kids in the school, though I see the Sp. Ed. kids more. I go from class to class playing and observing all day. It's pretty awesome. We have some of the coolest little kids in the world. And that's fun.

And I finally took some pictures!

The pictures aren't really all that cool because I don't work in a traditional classroom. The Special Ed. team is based in a resource room. So we have lots of cool toys and resources (ha!), but it just looks like a room with a bunch of stuff in my pictures. Oh, well.


It's kind of a mess. But it doesn't always look like this.

And this is my school:

Ha! Just kidding. This is a private Christian school up the street. But I think it's really cool that I get to drive by a castle every day as I go to work.

It's pretty.

So, that's school. It's cool, until it gets me sick. I'm going to try really hard to stay healthy from now on. But I'm not sure that it will matter with all the kids snotting on me all the time. Oh, well. I guess it's worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelly, Hey it's Clay, I was thinking about you the other day and hope you are doing awesome. That's hilarious about the castle, I thought you worked there until I scrolled down and read that it was a joke. Sweet castle though, I would be excited to drive by one as well. Any way hope you and the fam are doing good, talk to you later.