Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Eve and Christmas Number Five

That's right, I said "five." I'm pretty sure I could go two years without another Christmas, after my Christmas overload this year. But it was fun.

I know you're anxious for more Christmas posts (I'm sure you just can't wait!), but first, New Year's Eve:

Matt and I had some of our friends and family over for a small New Year's Eve gathering. We were celebrating the new year, and my last day at my old job, which was the 31st.

I'm not sure what we were doing but Melissa looks creepy.

That's better.

Hanging out. Matt's playing with the cat's toy.

Still hanging out. And eating food.

Waiting for the countdown.

Melissa brought over some champagne that had been sitting in her folk's house for years and years and years.

We were pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be that dark.

And we were definitely sure it wasn't supposed to taste that disgusting. It had absolutely no fizz left and it was pretty gross. Luckily, we bought a back up in case the old stuff was way too old.

On New Year's Day we had our final Christmas celebration with my family.

Hanging out before dinner.

The pretty dinner table.

Chris usually doesn't let me take pictures of him, but I caught this when he wasn't looking.

There's the pretty baby. She's getting big!

My dad with the sparkly, sequined Santa hat.

We were also celebrating my niece's birthday, which was Monday. So we had cupcakes!

The birthday girl!

After Christmas presents and birthday presents, we played a cool new game, called Quelf. It was pretty crazy.
I would have taken pictures, but Matt says I've been bugging him by taking pictures all the time. So here's one I found online instead:


It was pretty crazy. At one point, I was hiding in a closet upstairs waiting for everyone to find me. The first person got to move ahead three spaces. Good times.

So, I'm done with Christmas for at least another year. I don't even really want to think about Christmas anymore! But overall, it was a fun and joyful holiday season!

No comments: