Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas, and then more Christmas, and then still more Christmas.


Matt and I made it through our crazy Christmas alive! But it was definitely action-packed. We had FOUR different Christmases. So, I'm a little tired.

We left to head out to Kansas on Tuesday night after work. Our goal was Ellsworth, only about six hours away, where we were stopping at our friend's parents' house for the night. It took us eight hours to get there because of the ridiculous SNOW. We hit really slick roads about an hour out of Denver, and we were dealing with limited visibility for the rest of the way. We considered stopping at a motel for the night, but we decided to keep on truckin'. I'm glad we did, because we made it safely, though we didn't get in until 2 am. Oh, well. Who needs sleep? (That's a good Barenaked Ladies song, by the way.)

Christmas Eve morning we made the short drive into El Dorado for...

Christmas One:
This was probably the most "chill" Christmas. We stopped by my Grandma and Grandpa's house to spend a little time. My aunt and uncle were there and it was nice to visit with everyone. We had delicious chili and watched old Christmas home videos.

My Grandma made Christmas jello.

Me and my aunt!

With Grandma (another blurry picture... I don't know what's wrong with my camera, but I just couldn't leave out the one picture of me and my grandma!)

Unfortunately, Matt was slowly beginning to feel very yucky. As we made our way down to Ark City to Matt's folks' house, he became worse and worse until he was definitely sick. Yuck! That made for a not very plesant...

Christmas Two...

More to come...

No comments: