Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas: Part Two

To recap: One Christmas down, Matt's sick

Christmas Two:
After a short gathering at Matt's brother's house, Matt pretty much crapped out for the night. He had the flu, and I'm pretty sure it was no fun.

Matt, under a MILLION blankets, sick as a dog

So Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were a little subdued, although I think Matt's family will always be more subdued than mine at Christmas. All gatherings with my family are loud and ridiculously crazy! A calm day was a nice change. Though I wasn't sure what to do on Christmas morning; Matt was crazy sick and his brother's family hadn't yet arrived.

Patiently waiting to open presents!

The pretty tree.

The sicky managed to get out of bed to eat a little something and open presents.

Finally, everyone arrived and it was time!


You can tell how thrilled he was to be out of bed!

Decorated for Christmas.

Matt's dad is a die-hard Kansas City Chiefs fan, so I knew he would appreciate my gift:

It lit up and played music, too. I'm pretty sure it was his favorite present, he just didn't want to make everyone else feel bad by saying so. I didn't love his present for me quite as much. Let's just say it was a bad memory from earlier this season... Yuck!

We had a delicious dinner of turkey, etc. Matt didn't last for this part.


And then it was time for games!! Sadly, Matt was in bed and he missed all the fun. One of my gifts was Rummikub! After much debate, we came to the conclusion that it's pronounced Rummy-Cube. And if you don't believe me, it was confirmed in the game's instruction pamphlet. So anyway, good times...

I think that's chocolate in her mouth?



My neice had a hard time not throwing tiles everywhere in her excitement. This was after one such disaster.

A nice Christmas overall, but not restful enough to prepare us for...

Christmas Three...

Even more still to come...

No comments: