Monday, December 1, 2008

Crazy, Crazy Thanksgiving Week

What a week! I didn't work much this last week, but I feel like I need a vacation!

This is a random collection of things that happened in the last week.

First, look at my flowers! They opened up and got prettier.



After my sister had the baby on Tuesday, my niece and I went home to made cookies for Thanksgiving.



Wednesday, we found out Evie was in the NICU and wasn't going to be able to go home with my sister. That made Thanksgiving a little bittersweet. It was nice to see the extended family that came out from Kansas, but we really missed the baby.

Because Thanksgiving was my mother's birthday this year, I cooked the dinner! It was pretty crazy! I had a lot of help from my Grandma and Aunt, but I still cooked a lot.



There was turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, macaroni and cheese, creamy corn, asparagus, sweet potatoes, fruit salad, green salad, and dinner rolls. Plus desserts and snacky-appetizers. But we had 17 people, so we needed a lot of food.


My aunt and uncle stayed at our place over the holiday. It was nice to chat with them a little because we don't see them very often. On Friday night, we went to Australia. The movie, not the country/continent. I wish we went to the country. Maybe I could have found a Hugh Jackman. That would have been cool. Anyway, the movie was really good. A little long, but really good.

On Saturday, there was a nice coating of snow on the ground. It was the first snow of the year that lasted more than a few hours.


It got me in the Christmas mood, so Matt and I put up our little dinky tree and decorated our house.






Evie finally got to go home on Saturday! To give Jess and Chris a little time with her without a six-year-old distraction, Mom and Dad were baby-sitting the big sister over the weekend. But they wanted to go the Avs game on Saturday night, so Matt and I got to hang with her for a bit.


We played Aggravation and watched Enchanted. It was fun getting to spend time with the kid without a ton of other people around. We hadn't baby-sat for her since early this summer. And she was very good, of course.

Sunday, I went down south with Mom and Dad to see the little one. We hadn't gotten to hold her yet because she was in the NICU all week.


She's pretty darn cute.





And today it was back to work. How sad.

That's all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! She looks just like Chris! Yay for babies!